Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sunshine and Flowers

Relaxing night yesterday, although our internet hasn't really been working for a couple days due to some intense wind. I've been reading a lot though which is really nice.

Today was slightly boring in class. We finished watching the film "Il Postino" in my Film and Literature class. The ending was very different from that of the book it's based off of. In my Chilean Culture and Conversation class we discussed September 11th of 1973 some more and started watching the movie "Machuca." Unfortunately, we'll be watching this same movie in my other class next week...hopefully we can convince our professor that we don't have to come to class those days.

I finished my homework, had lunch and edited my paper with my host mom after class. Rachael and I took a walk along the coast to the flower clock in Viña del Mar at sunset. It was gorgeous and really nice to walk. We also went to a bakery by our house. I bought a doughnut thing with "manjar" in it. It's almost like caramel, but it's not totally the same taste.

Tomorrow we have a random ISA orientation, and none of us have any idea what it's going to be about. Hopefully it's not too boring! Anyway, I miss everyone lots and can't wait to see you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment