Monday, June 4, 2012

Back to Class

Not a super exciting day for me, but I thought I'd post some pictures of my host house for everyone to see, particularly my mom!

I went to class this morning, and there was apparently on accident on the main road so there were a TON of people on the metro instead of taking the micros or colectivos. In my first class of Film and Literature, we watched the movie "Il Postino," which is based off of the book we're reading. Then in my Conversation and Culture class we began to talk more about Salvador Allende, the military coup on September 11th, 1973 and Augusto Pinochet. It's very interesting because it was so recent and disturbing.

Well, after that, Rachael and I went to a little empanada shop behind "La Católica." Empanadas are by far the best thing I've tried here so far. I keep trying every kind I can. This place had the first chicken empanadas that I've seen here. We ran into our Chilean Conversation and Culture professor there so we knew it was pretty good. They definitely were! We did some homework in the ISA office until we had a "Language Exchange" event. Five Chilean students who are learning English came to speak to us. We spoke in Spanish half the time and English in the other half. It was a bit chaotic cause there were way more students from the United States in comparison to Chile, but still fun to practice!

"Once" and dinner tonight! And here are some pictures of my host house:

View from my bedroom window

Part of my bedroom

Kitchen

Stairs

Living room

No comments:

Post a Comment