Monday, June 11, 2012

Adventures in the Mall

Hey, people!

Well, due to the homework situation this weekend, it wasn't too exciting other than our trip to the beaches. However, I did get a lot accomplished which is making this week a lot better for me.

Yesterday, I slept in a bit and then worked on homework until about noon. I went over to Rachael's to work on our presentation for our Film and Literature class. It's about the human rights violations during the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet. We worked on that for a couple hours and then had a HUGE lunch with her host parents, 3 host siblings, and two other Chilean families. It was really interesting. They were discussing big political topics and other random things. We tried to follow along, but it was very interesting, hahaha.

Today, I had class (big surprise, I know). We started watching a movie in my Latin American Film and Literature about Dawson Island. We've begun discussing music in my Chilean Conversation and Culture class. It's made getting my present for Jacob much easier :)

After going home and working on more homework for a bit, I ran down the street for some snacks. Then, Rachael and I went to the mall! It was quite an adventure, in reality. It's really far away from any metro stops so we had to take a micro (bus), which are always crazy to figure out. I found a souvenir for my brother that I'd been looking for, and we also got some ice cream.


It's a huge mall! Then we had to take a micro back to Recreo (our neighborhood). It was probably the most violent ride I have ever taken in my life. I actually thought the bus was going to tip over, hahaha.


I miss everyone. It's getting so close to coming home!

1 comment:

  1. You never mentioned the violent bus ride when we chatted via Skype. I love how you know what to filter out of conversations with your mom. Nice job. Love you!

    ReplyDelete