Saturday, June 9, 2012

Beautiful Days in Chile

Hi, everyone!

Today was lovely.

Well, yesterday I mainly did homework. We have TONS this weekend, and Rachael and I tried to complete a lot of it yesterday so we wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the weekend. We also walked around by our houses cause I needed to get Bandaids, hahaha.

We all had to wake up early this morning to meet at the Municipal Theater of Viña del Mar with our ISA group. We first drove into Reñaca, where I went the first day with my host family. It wasn't as pretty cause it was slightly cloudy, but still absolutely gorgeous.


The view is incredible.

After visiting Reñaca, we traveled to this random beach area to ride horses. I have to say that it was an adventure. My horse really wasn't bad, although it wanted to eat and drink quite a bit. I just had to be tough and pull him away. However, they didn't really train anyone on how to handle the horses so everyone who hadn't ridden before had some trouble. Boy Jordan's horse took him down into the water..it was hilarious.


After this interesting horseback riding, we traveled to Horcón. I had some DELICIOUS cheese empanadas with Rachael, Katie and Elizabeth. There wasn't too much else to do, but it was still nice to visit. Finally, we went to Zapallar. It was absolutely gorgeous. Liz and I climbed to the top of this huge rock structure, and it was one of the most incredible views. There are tons of pictures on Facebook in the album "Playas del Norte." We started driving back to Viña del Mar and though about going sandboarding, but everyone was a bit exhausted/it was kind of dark and cloudy. However, Rachael and I went shopping again after we got back and got LOTS of souvenirs for people. I'm really excited about them.





Only 14 days until I come home! So weird. Miss everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment