Saturday, June 23, 2012

Despedidas

Hey, people

I cannot believe that I am leaving Chile today. The whole experience has felt so surreal, and it went so quickly. I'm going to miss seeing the beautiful ocean every day and having the amazing opportunity to practice my Spanish.

Yesterday was a great last day. I went to our classes for the last time in the morning. We had a final, graded discussion in my Film and Literature class. It went much better than I thought it was going to cause some people in the class are slightly aggressive in their opinions. In my Chilean Conversation and Culture class, we talked about what we would teach Chileans who came to the United States about our culture. It was interesting.

Rachael and I went to a store called "Paris" after class, and I bought a cute shirt. Then we got some cheese empanadas, while we waited to find out our grades from our first class. We had to return to the university to get our grades for the discussion and our final average. I'm very happy with it! We should be getting an email within the next week for the grade of our other class. Rachael, Kate, Liz and I went a tour of the port. It was super fun, and the guys who took us were really nice.




I went back to my house to finish packing and rest for a while. Christine and I had a nice dinner together. I went out to the bar, Oasis, in Viña del Mar with a lovely group of girls-Elizabeth, Taryne, Kate, Liz and Rachael. It was super fun and a wonderful way to end the trip. I'll be having a big lunch with my host family soon, and then it's off to the airport with ISA!

I'm so excited to be coming home, but it's going to be really strange. I hope everyone's been doing well and can't wait to see everyone so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment