Friday, June 1, 2012

Hot Days in Viña!

Hello, everyone!

The past couple days have been super fun. Rachael and I didn't do anything on Wednesday night cause we wanted to finish our papers, for sure, and then get some sleep. However, yesterday was really fun! We had class in the morning and then hung around our university until our tour with ISA later in the day. We got our reading done during this break, ate lunch and walked around a bunch. I bought a pan de leche, which is like a cream doughnut but even better!!


We split up into small groups led by Chilean students. Our tour guide was named Karen, and we had toured with her last week too. She's so nice and invited us to hang out next week! We're planning on going to Café Journal and eating empanadas! Well, she took us to Pablo Neruda's house in Valparaíso, which is called La Sebastiana. The view was gorgeous, as was the house.




Overall, I think I liked the house on La Isla Negra best, particularly because of the view. This house really was beautiful though. Then we toured some more of Valparaíso, especially street art. We explored in some stores and got to eat some delicious empanadas.


Then, last night, Rachael and I went out to a bar called Oasis. We looked in a couple bars that only had beer in it, which wasn't great for me. I never smelled or tasted a beer I really liked, except for last night! Oasis was super nice and classy. They were projecting music videos on the wall, both from the United States and Latin America. I tried "piscola," and it was pretty decent. "Pisco" is the national alcohol in Chile. Rachael and I also split a beer called Becker. We took a micro (bus) home, which was exciting cause we had never done it by ourselves before!

Today we had our last day of class for the week! It was pretty relaxed because a lot of ISA students were gone in Mendoza, Argentina. Our Chilean Conversation and Culture professor took us to the oldest part of Valparaíso. It was really fun and had an incredible view of both the mountains and the ocean. Rachael and I went shopping in Viña to get some souvenirs a little earlier, and I was just playing with María. I'm excited for a relaxing weekend. Hope everyone's doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment