Sunday, May 20, 2012

Traveling to Valparaíso and Viña del Mar


Hello! Last night was super fun. Rachael, Taryne, Kate and I went to a small pub that was full of Chileans and incredibly busy. It was really nice and fun! We also got to sleep in this morning for the first time since arriving!


My breakfast this morning! Not too different from yesterday, but I loved the raspberry pie. 

Our kitchen where we attempted to light a gas stove and cook on Friday! It went very well, actually, after a few tries.

Today, we went to "El Pueblo de los Dominicos." It's an arts and crafts market. It was super cute!

I had a "completo" today. This is typical Chilean food-a hot dog with mayonnaise, tomatoes, sauerkraut and cheese. It was pretty good, but not my favorite thing here so far.  

Gorgeous Cerro Santa Lucia. Loved it. This is where Santiago was founded in the early 1500s. 

Rachael and I in front of the fountain at Cerro Santa Lucia!

They tend to have lots of important parties and events here. It was seriously an incredible place.

After visiting "El Pueblo de los Dominicos" and Cerro Santa Lucia, we took a bus ride for about an hour and half to Valparaíso and Viña del Mar. They were much bigger than I expected them to be! I met my host family, which was really scary but exciting! My host mom, Claudia, said that my Spanish was good, so that made me feel comfortable. We had a good dinner and now I'm relaxing in my room. 


1 comment: