Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rainy Days in Valpo

Buenas noches!

Today was a great day despite the intense rain that's been occurring for the past two days. First off, the rain makes the waves HUGE and really awesome. I also like hearing the rain against the roofs here. It's interesting though because they don't have great drainage on the streets so there are gigantic puddles everywhere or it falls down the hills.

Anyway, last night was super relaxing. I went to bed very early and got quite a bit of sleep. This morning Rachael and I took the metro to our university to meet our ISA group. We took a tour bus about 2 hours to the small town of Pomaire. Everything there was SUPER cheap and cute. I got lots of presents for people and some things for myself too. I was really excited. I also got to eat a delicious cheese empanada.



After Pomaire, we went to "la Isla Negra" the oceanside house of Pablo Neruda.



The view was absolutely incredible, even though the rain was slightly crazy. The house itself had tons of cool stuff inside it, as well. There were collections of shells, glasses, ships and other stunning things. I wish the pictures could really express how beautiful this was.



We had to take another lengthy bus ride to get back to Valparaíso, but it had stopped raining when we got back which was nice. It's raining super hard again now, but I like it cause I'm inside! I've done some reading, Skyped with my Mom, chatted with her and Mrs. Perles online, added pictures to Facebook and updated this blog. I'm glad to relax and to sleep in tomorrow! It's our first really free day cause our beaches trip was cancelled due to rain. Hope everyone's doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, I'm really loving the blogs you have been posting! I hope your enjoying your adventure & keep posting what you can when you can! The pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete